Monday, September 26, 2011

Making All Kinds of Connections!


Cooperation at its finest!!!



Inquirer am I,
Inquirer am I,
I like to learn about the world
I learn by asking why.

We are so excited about the great questions our Explorers have been asking.  Inquiry, our Learner Profile this week, is something kindergarten students are naturally good at, but seeing them to ask questions about how things are connected, formed, and their beliefs is amazing! Our key concepts for this unit were Form, Perspective and Connection.  It’s nice to see our students apply and share their skills.

Aside from our UOI, we are still working on letter identification, formation/sounds and rhyming.  Keep practicing at home…it’s working!
In math we are counting by 1’s and 10’s to 100 as we are also focusing on understanding the relationship between numbers and quantities.






Case Western Dental came by for a visit this week.  We talked about the Rule of 2.  Be sure to ask your child what that means (brush 2 times, for 2 minutes, 2 times a day).





What's the Rule of 2?  Why is it important?






We need your help!  Untied shoes are getting the best of us and are a certain hazard as we go about our day.  If your child cannot tie his/her own shoes yet, please work on this skill at home.  We are practicing everyday, but the more help the better.



Our fabulous Art teacher, Ms. Lipka has a blog now, please take a look and follow along.  So many wonderful things are happening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment