Friday, October 1, 2010

Open-Minded Explorers




Open-minded
(to the tune of “Twinkle, Twinkle”)

People are different

They do different things.
Not everyone will think like me.

Others I will try to understand,
Listening well as beside them I stand.

Trying new things is important to me
As I become the person I will be.

This week was filled with new experiences that really allowed us to practice our new Learner Profile, Open Minded. 

First, we welcomed our new kindergarten teacher Mrs. Karas.  Wow, is she outstanding! Second, we began learning Mandarin.  The children are really enjoying the classes.  This week’s focus was numbers.  So fun!  Please ask you child to share what they have learned.   Another new experience this week was that we are now moving through the classrooms as continents.  By working in continents the students are able to work with a variety of children in kindergarten while learning skills that best fit their needs. 

What a fun and exciting week!  Our Explorers really are Open-Minded!  They have embraced all these new experiences with enthusiasm and caring.

Coming up this week:

Monday- Assessment on September’s Everyday Homework
Tuesday and Wednesday- Vision First
Wednesday- Shake, Rattle and Roll Field Trip (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)

No comments:

Post a Comment