Saturday, October 23, 2010


Thinker
(to the tune of “Clementine”)


I'm a thinker, I'm a thinker
I can think creatively,
Solve a problem, make decisions,
I can think of different things.

I’m a thinker, I’m a thinker
I can think all by myself.
I can think and choose an action
Choose an action that will help.

It is so hard to believe that the end of October is upon us!  The weather certainly has made exploring our season enjoyable.

Thinker was our Learner Profile for this week, and we will be stretching our thinking for certain this week as our Explorers choose a storybook character to dress-up as on Friday.  We have had quite a few conversations about ideas and the excitement is overwhelming!  Matching the character chosen to one of our Learner Profiles is taking the experience to an IB level J.  Friday is going to be so much fun! 
Check the Campus Communicator that was sent home 10/22/10 if you need more information about Friday’s activities.

Our pattern unit has been so much fun.  Our Explorers are finding patterns in so many things.  They certainly are fabulous observers. 

Becoming authors and illustrators has really excited our students.  In addition to Writer's Workshop in school, many are writing books at home and bringing them in to share with the class.  The retellings are absolutely awesome!  We plan to capture these on video to keep in your child’s portfolio.  Priceless memories J!

Please continue to review the following basics at home:
Ø   Letter names/sounds
Ø Letter formation
Ø Numbers 1-20  
Ø Address
Ø Phone number(s)
Ø Sight words

No comments:

Post a Comment